One thing hubby and I sometimes talk about is animals. Yes we love all types of animals but prefer dogs as pets. Now there are different types of thoughts, you have the animal rights, people that are scared of animals and of course people that think of it religiously.
Now I understand that if I try to look at all the views lets say it will become a headache! They all have good reasons as to why an animal should be free. At the same time… An animal ( let’s say a dog ) that has been domesticated for so long; wouldn’t it be cruel to let them roam free?
I believe that an animal that has been domesticated ( again specifically a dog ) , for so many years now would be cruel to let them roam throughout the streets. It’s true that they might be able to survive but then you will have to think about the reproduction of that species. The temperament of the species. Let’s face it anyone that see sees a “pit” automatically gets scared a flees ( which this type of animal has been proven to be less aggressive then other popular dogs )
Let’s face it if we walk into an animal shelter all we see are animals that were once “free” but unfortunately are caged because they are either:
1. Getting into people’s property to try and find shelter and food.
2. Are very aggressive that they are a threat to humankind and other animals out there and will have to be out down.
3. The animal shelters are so packed that they try to foster some of these animals in order to have more room.
4. Most if these animals are not even neutered. Who knows how many times they have had or made little adorable mini-me’s out there.
5. The OWNERS can’t take care of them anymore or did not know how to properly train their pet so now the courts decided to take the animal away from them.
All of these reasons tell me that an animal that has been domesticated for so long does need our help. We are the very cause as to why they are so many out there in the first place ( making them copulate in order to sell their cute puppies ). Or if they are a purebred we want to make some sort if profit.
I guess there are so many thoughts out there and good reasons for both that truthfully I don’t know where my real decision is. All I know is if you choose to have a pet then take care if them,be a proper owner and put in the time to make your pet safe, happy and enjoyable not only for your home but for everyone else they could come in contact with…
Until Next Time,